Should Union Management Support the USA Plan?
Union contracts, specifically union negotiated pension plans, have bankrupted many private sector corporations including General Motors, and across America, are threatening to bankrupt public sector entities like states, counties, and cities. Union management is under severe pressure to agree to reduce pension benefits voluntarily or lose all the benefits members have in bankruptcy proceedings. Endorsing the USA Plan would solve these problems, and, if coordinated with private and public employers, lead to delivering greater benefits to members and lower costs to corporations.
- Union management has faced a declining participation by workers for many years. We believe all workers have the right to be represented just like actors and sports figures, but those representatives need to be much smarter about what they request for members and demand from employers.
- Supporting the USA Plan would be a smart move for union management and a great recruitment tool. It would save employers billions, while at the same time enable workers to retire as millionaires. Unions that promote worker wealth will generate worker loyalty and goodwill that will lead to more non-union members asking unions for representation on other matters like wages and working conditions.
- The USA Plan will generate a union member’s interest in the stock market and the close correlation between a corporation’s annual profit and its stock price. As union management has never had a tool like the USA Plan before, they can more easily move their corporations to increase members wages in good times so long as union management can deliver wage cuts in bad times – the latter because the member’s million-dollar nest egg is secure and the cuts will increase profits and stock values.
- Eliminating the need to negotiate retirement and old-age medical benefits will free management of not only the ridicule those plans are getting, but reduce the need for unions to do extensive political lobbying.
- Enacting The USA Plan should also reduce union dues, as there will be no need for union management to negotiate retirement and old-age medical benefits with corporate management, pay for so many strike costs and legal fees and reduce the cost of political lobbying.
By actively supporting the USA Plan, union management can prove to workers they have their livelihood and good fortune in their crosshairs. If enthusiastically pursued, actively working for the enactment of USA Plan should increase union participation.
These and many further benefits and understandings came be accessed on our HOME page, However, before we go there please click on the link below to help us promote the USA Plan and get it legislated into law.
You should. After 241 years, according to the USDebtclock.com total US debt is just as large as all private and public assets combined. You can’t pick one reason for such a disastrous result for the most powerful, richest, and the freest country on the...read more
When asked that question many people reply with a question. Who is going to clean my house, who will pick up the garbage, where will we get stoop labor to pick our crops? Some will think this is selfish, but the reality is very compelling. If everyone is...read more
At some point in life, everyone must consider how to pay for retirement. That was not an issue when the Constitution was written. In those days families took care of the elderly. Today, that is the exception. Individuals have had to turn to private and...read more
If you are an average American, it is unlikely that you are deeply concerned about poverty. 100 million Americans receive some sort of government financial assistance and that doesn’t include people on Social Security or Medicare. When you add government...read more
Prosperity for all is possible with Universal Savings Accounts "We have an opportunity to make the world a better place. Rather than wasting time compromising the political ideologies of progressives and conservatives, Americans could use that time to...read more
The American Government needs to work better for the people. It needs a redo. As long as it does, let’s try to make it a comprehensive redo in which many goals are reached. The USA Plan is a step in that direction. The USA Plan multitasks to reach the...read more
The American Government needs to work better for the people. It needs a redo. As long as it does, let’s try to make it a comprehensive redo in which many goals are reached. The USA Plan is a step in that direction. The USA Plan multi-tasks to reach the...read more
When President George W. Bush just tried to partially privatize Social Security in 2004 and 2005 the CEO of the Prosperity Commission, Dick McDonald, a life-long tax man, knew Bush’s attempt would fail. He knew it would fail because it wasn’t the type of...read more