Rate of Return – Invest in Stocks Not Bonds
The USA Plan does not call for the taxpayers to invest in any financial instruments other than stock. This schedule illustrates that on average stocks earn four times more bonds. The USA Plan specifically avoids either government or Wall Street involvement which precludes investments in US Treasuries. As private sector bond funding is used as leverage to increase profits the USA Plan opts not for bonds but for the equity appreciation of stocks that bond leverage provides.
See the following schedules that support the Prosperity Commission’s USA Plan proposal.
• Retirement Benefits Compared
• Computation of America’s Net Worth of all “USA Accounts” 40 years after enactment
• Invest in Stocks Not Bonds
• Rate of Return on the S&P 500 Stock Index in 40-year Increments from 1871 to 2011
• The Magic 40 years ending in 1999
• Computation of Nest Egg and Monthly Check at Various Income Levels
• Computation of Nest Egg and Monthly Retirement Check for Average Household Income of $50,000