Nest Egg – The Magic 40 years ending in 1999
If the USA Plan had been in place for the years 1959 through 1999 and the taxpayer was making $60,000 a year and investing his 15% or $9,000 per year in S&P 500 indexed stocks he would have generated a $53.8 million dollar nest egg due to that period’s 17.4% per year rate of return. This illustrates the effect of the higher rates of return that taxpayers could achieve with a booming economy and stock market.
See the following schedules that support the Prosperity Commission’s USA Plan proposal.
• Retirement Benefits Compared
• Computation of America’s Net Worth of all “USA Accounts” 40 years after enactment
• Invest in Stocks Not Bonds
• Rate of Return on the S&P 500 Stock Index in 40-year Increments from 1871 to 2011
• The Magic 40 years ending in 1999
• Computation of Nest Egg and Monthly Check at Various Income Levels
• Computation of Nest Egg and Monthly Retirement Check for Average Household Income of $50,000